The cluster principle of organization of production conquers the North-Western region.
«Today the world is changing very quickly, and the ability to find something that will people need tomorrow, is very important. And composite materials industry has the ability to see into the future. It is very important not just to be ready to meet him, but anticipate his requests». The cluster principle of organization of production conquers the North-Western region. Along with pharmaceutical, automobile, water cluster in Saint-Petersburg appeared composite, aimed at the development of the industry of composite materials, research and development and their commercialization. On the work and future plans of the new Association we asked Vadim Zazimko, general director of a management company «Composite Cluster of Saint-Petersburg».
- Search and creation of specific organizational forms that would help to function the industry, society and the state were engaged for a long time. State-owned and private enterprises, trusts, co-operatives and scientific-production associations (NPO) are well known from pre-revolutionary and Soviet times. The cluster form is widely known abroad. Currently, more than 50% of the plants in the world combined in clusters, allowing very effectively developed. But it is not a mechanical amalgamation of enterprises to promote their products. To be able to produce and sell products – it's good, but not enough. The cluster solves more global and more complex task. For example, our goal – the creation of the effective mechanism of interaction of the enterprises of the cluster, which would ensure to all its participants sustainable development through the introduction of new economic and managerial decisions in the organization of production of composite materials and products. Moreover, the development of new and «reformatting» of traditional industries and ensuring their innovative development is a pressing issue in cluster development.
– What role do You see in this process the state?
– Support. It is no secret that private companies can effectively solve production problems, achieving its main purpose to maximize profit. Another thing that they can do it «for yourself», often without regard to the public interest. The cluster, in my opinion, combines public objectives and private opportunities and helps to promote those areas and products, which are currently the States concerned. The authoring of such a mechanism requires both skill and effort on both sides. If the government declares the desire to develop certain areas, it must find mechanisms to support them.
– Does this mean that united enterprises primarily interested in government contracting?
– I wouldn't. The state contracts are very good. The state can support us, but is not required. I say to all parties: «You have to rely on the state. Our task is to learn to interact with each other, to the assistance of the state was perceived as a kind of additional bonus or prize». We need to be primarily self-sufficient. Although, of course, urge the government strongly to support us. Composite materials and products may be in demand in wide areas of the economy, and in very specific locations, while support for such a «narrow» areas may give a strong jerk for the development of a number of related industries. However, I note that the products of our industry are in demand not only in state enterprises. For example, the interest it showed Airbus S.A.S. is one of the largest aircraft companies in the world! Composite materials has a wide range of opportunities from the point of view of application. But research and development are necessary to implement, and it can be done only through final production. Will not be production – all achievements will remain only on paper. Hence the need for companies that manufacture products. Cluster accumulates and organizes the entire chain from research and development work to design and release specific products.
– For example?
– Our members are the Federal state unitary enterprise «Krylov state research center» and OJSC «Scientific-research and design Institute on development and operation of the fleet» (JSC «GIPRORYBFLOT») and JSC «Sredne-nevsky shipyard». This intra-cluster range unites all the participants of the production process of the construction of fishing vessels of composite materials. Add to that the educational institutions with which we are going to cooperate to prepare the necessary experts.
– Who are you challenges? And if there are more down-to-earth, relevant to urban management?
– Are the objectives colleagues in the cluster, the market, the state order. We organized the scientific-technical Council, which included highly qualified experts, it tracks advanced branches of science and technology, industry, and utilities. Our products has wide range of applications – from construction and utilities to shipbuilding and creation of space ships. Take the beautification: benches, railings, litter bins, children's playgrounds, are made of composite materials not only reliable, secure, tamper-proof and aesthetically pleasing, but also have low cost. I suppose the high demand for composite materials in the near future will receive, in machine tools and production tools. Almost every week we are approached by companies about joining in the cluster, and almost all come with new projects and ideas. Sure, this thread of suggestions will only increase, and our job is to choose what can be relevant and implemented. For this you need to develop certain criteria, but it is the task of the STC. In principle, the cluster may be a couple of key sectors that define its areas of work. For our cluster is the construction and housing, shipbuilding, manufacture of mechanical products and tools.
- Cluster form of organization involves any preferences to its participants, for example from the point of view of taxation?
– No, all the preferences relate to regional associations such as the SEZ. As for legislation, I guess, it needs work in terms of carrying out of competitive procedures in the framework of the state order, assuming today an individual part in the competition. And what do the company, which sharpened by work in the production chain of the cluster, and it has not passed the competition due to dumping by unscrupulous contestants? Probably should be taken Supplement existing legislation, or breaks down and loses its meaning the system of the cluster.
– And you put such problems as an increase of production and organization of new industries?
– Certainly. At least a doubling of production over the next five years. Right now looking for new territory in which to concentrate a number of industries to improve logistics and reduce the cost of production. Moreover, many companies already "grown" from sites that had previously rented, and of the technologies and equipment that are outdated. But the most important task that we have set for ourselves the refinement of communication within the cluster, which provide him with self-development. We have teamed up not only to promote products but also to interact. And the effect can be not only in promoting products but also in finding new areas for its application. To produce the same products – it's a dead end for production. Today the world is changing very quickly, and the ability to find something that will people need tomorrow, is very important. And composite materials industry has the ability to see into the future. It is very important not just to be ready to meet him, but also to anticipate its needs. Therefore, the need of the scientific school at the head of the production – to find purpose and future directions.
OPINION: Andrey Dmitriev, commercial Director of «Composite Group»:
- In recent years the Government has any understanding of the composite industry in our country is real. In this regard, was developed a number of Federal and regional programs on development of industry on a modern technological level. I am glad that Saint-Petersburg has become one of the «pioneers» of this process! Established management company «Composite Cluster of Saint-Petersburg», which included the major urban state companies with experience with composites and specialized research institutes. The company is headed by Vadim Zazimko, under whose leadership created the program of development of composite industry in our region. It is expected that a program to prepare and send to the Ministry a request for support of a project to create a cluster we will be able to the end of 2015. In this case, in 2016 in Saint-Petersburg will be created a cluster of companies in the development, implementation and manufacturing of products for various purposes from composite materials. Restored when the higher education industry. 15 Oct at SPb GASU was held all-Russian scientific and practical conference «Composite materials in construction of transport infrastructure». The practical implementation of composite materials on the objects of SPb GUP «Lensvet», Saint-Petersburg state unitary enterprise «Mostotrest», the sue «Petersburg metro», JSC «WAD» and some other enterprises of St. Petersburg and North-West region.